About this Episode
Dan talks about the best microphone for recording at home, presidential mics, Zencastr, post processing (compression, normalization, and EQ), and your questions.
- iHeartMedia CEO Talks Coronavirus, Podcasting Push | Hollywood Reporter — As consumers “run out of time for their eyes,” podcasting is also a growth area, Bob Pittman also says.
- hybrIP – Talk Show System in a Web Browser
- Call in Studio – The cloud based call in platform for broadcasters.
- Why The Podcast Advertising Market Has Not Yet Reached Its Full Potential 03/10/2020 — The podcast industry has seen explosive growth over the last few years. Today, more than 90 million people in the U.S.— approximately 32% of the U.S. population over the age of 12 — have listened to a podcast in the past month (up from 21 million people just three years ago) reports Edison Research. Podcasts have become an important medium to consume content, but effective monetization is a challenge. The industry has been stuck in a bygone era, due to misaligned incentives, the distributed nature of podcasts, and most importantly, a lack of standards for data and metrics.
- Amazon.com: Samson Q2U USB/XLR Dynamic Microphone Recording and Podcasting Pack (Includes Mic Clip, Desktop Stand, Windscreen and Cables): Musical Instruments
- Shure SM57 – Wikipedia
- Shure Webinar: The SM57 and the President of the United States – YouTube
- Shure SM58 – Wikipedia